Good behaviour will be rewarded by:
- Being praised for working hard, being polite or showing consideration towards others.
- Being praised for making a significant achievement.
- Achievement points which constitute House points.
- Achievement postcards from departments.
- Displays of their work.
- Prizes on special occasions.
- Each class votes for a ‘pupil of the week’ in circle time and a certificate is awarded and their photograph is displayed in a frame prominently in the classroom.
- End of term Celebration assemblies.
Nominations are collected from all departments for students demonstrating high attainment, progress, PRIDE, effort, attendance and good behaviour. Each year group holds a celebration assembly at the end of every term which is an opportunity for the whole year group to celebrate the success and achievements of individuals, groups, classes and the year group as a whole on both in-school and out-of-school activities.
- Rewarding of ties.
Year 9 - the issue of upper school ties in the summer term for those pupils showing excellent progress, attendance, punctuality and behaviour.
Year 10 - the issue of gold and black ties throughout the academic year for those pupils showing excellent progress, attendance, punctuality and behaviour.
Year 11 - the issue of gold ties throughout the academic year for those pupils showing excellent progress, attendance, punctuality and behaviour.
- Celebration Evening (Annual Prize Giving).
Students are awarded prizes for examination success, attainment, progress, attitude to learning in subjects as well as for sporting success. Prize winners and their parents/carers are invited to the prize giving celebration held every September.